As part of our corporate social responsibility we are continuing with our School Educational Visit Program. The objectives of these visits are to enable your students to:
- Enhance their practical learning experience outside of traditional theoretical learning.
- Enable them to interact with ‘outsiders’ hence improving their social skills.
- Help them gain an insight of the industry, particularly for those who would contemplate a career in the laundry services industry. Note that we also assist with work experience programs for mature students.
- Obtain free handouts and certificates of attendance, including bookmarks with cleaning symbols which are quite useful at home.
Click here to read about a student’s experience which very much sums up the type of experience that the students receive whilst visiting our premises.
How it works
We can accommodate groups of up to 20 students including teachers. The tours last approximately 1 hour and we usually organize them in two sittings, namely at 10:30 am and 11:30 am. Bookings are always taken on a first come first served basis, and a minimum of 2 weeks notice is required. Traditionally we are booked for the months of November, February & March, thus feel free to choose any time of the year whilst avoiding our peak season between April to September.
The following points are covered and further discussions and questions from the students are always encouraged:
- Origins of laundry & dry cleaning.
- Explaining the main difference between laundry / dry clean and Wet clean.
- Materials / chemicals used in the process.
- Managing your laundry at home, such as care labels, proper storage etc.
- Cleaning Symbols – What they mean and the importance of checking them.
- Treating stains.
- Washing Cycles – The whole process (what happens inside the machine)
- Environmental Impact of Detergents.
- A ‘Walk Through’ of the Dry Cleaning department demonstrating the employees at work during every stage.
For bookings and requests for further information, or if you would like to suggest other ways in which we can help your students, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org