You have probably been doing laundry for years now, right? We bet you have gotten accustomed to doing things in a certain way throughout all those years. Below we list some common mistakes you should avoid to ensure you are doing your laundry the right way.
- It is not all about sorting lights and darks
- It is essential that you separate muddy or extremely dirty clothes from less dirty pieces of clothing.
- Separate heavy fabrics such as jeans or denim from more delicate clothing.
- Wash different sets of sheets separately to keep them from entangling with each other
- Do not overuse your dryer
- If time is a luxury you have, air dry instead of using the dryer. It conserves energy and it is actually better to air dry certain pieces of clothing such as delicate items.
- Hang fabrics immediately after drying them. Make sure to not over dry them.
- Whatever you do, do not overload the tumble dryer.
- Scrubbing a stain relentlessly to make it disappear is a myth! You could end up with a bigger stain if you do this.
- The best way to treat a stain is to dab it gently from the outside and working your way in. You should also treat it as early as possible.
- Distinguish between washable clothes and dry cleaning!
- If items have a dry clean label, you should strongly consider using professional dry cleaners for those clothes. For a list of dry cleaning symbols, click here.
- Items such as suede, leather, blazers and suits should be exclusively dry cleaned rather than washed.
We are always here to help! Call us on 21 444 444 and we will help you determine the best course of action for your laundry, whether that is dry cleaning by our professional staff or doing your laundry at one of our self-service launderettes.